Close

The Russian Naval Base

Attractions

City: Poros



The Russian Naval Base

On the northern part of the island are the remains of the Russian naval base. In 1834 warehouses and furnaces were built at the spot to supply the Russian fleet which was sailing the Aegean. The Russians remained owners of the base until 1900. In 1989 it was characterized a historic listed monument due to its architectural and historical significance.

Add review
  • Name*
  • E-Mail*
  • Comment*
facebook twitter
Copyright © 2017 Smart Solutions | All rights reserved | Designed and Hosted by Smart Solutions