The Mycenaean Palace: Located on the highest spot of the Citadel, it was the symbol of the power of its rulers. Its discovery was made in 1886; it was built on different levels. The Palace’s entrance is to the northwest. The floor and walls were decorated with murals, of which remain but very little. On the west part of the yard there used to be the Throne room, which was the main reception room for guests. Among the remains is a series of edifices, considered to have been houses of the gentry. The archaeological findings at the site prove the close relationship between the Minoan and the Mycenaean art, since the numerous murals and mosaics that have been found there reveal a straight influence from the earlier Cretan-Minoan technique.